Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Serenity

Well, it’s about time I saw this movie! I would have seen it in the theaters if my friends weren’t so hostile to a little sci-fi every now and then.

Quite honestly, I thought that the movie was a little disappointing. For me, it came across as just a bloated episode with some good effects. (Did anyone notice that they used sound effects in the space sequences?) The fact that they killed off Wash and the Shepherd didn’t go over too well with me either.

Some of the things that I did like about it, however, was learning a little more about the Alliance. I love me a little politics, what can I say? The revelation about the reavers and their connection too the Alliance was excellent. I honestly never considered that the two might be connected and I mentally kick myself over it. River’s action sequences were a blast to watch as well. Sexy in a way.

Is it me, or has Nathan Fillion gotten a little more buff? I remember thinking that looked a little doughy during the series.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

I came to the series only mid-2005, so when the movie came out in the Fall, I was viewing it as a continuation.

I loved the series. I loved the movie. Joss is a fantastic writer and a brilliant conceptualist.

And I totally agree on River's fight scenes. She ruled the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home