Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

No I’m not stalking you.

Whooeee! Nothing like a hot guy to start your day.

So there I was at the Magic Kingdom waiting in line with my mom and sister to go on that race track ride. You know the one I’m talking about, right? The one by Space Mountain. Anyways, I admit it, I was checking out the guys. Right in front of me was this absolutely gorgeous man. Lower 30’s, dark blond hair cut short, the slightest amount of stubble, cyclist type of body (and legs), pale green eyes, and a grin to make your heart jump. I simply could not keep my eyes off of him. And the way he treated his kids (who were remarkably well behaved despite being bundles of energy) just knocked me over senseless. I actually hoped that there would be some problem with the cars so that I could stay in line with him just a little bit longer.

Alright, so basically I was crushing on a married man with children. Why do I torture myself? Where can I find his gay twin? Whatever. In the end, he and his went their way, while we went ours. But over the day, I saw this guy three more times. And I swear to God, he recognized me. My little paranoia button was pushed and I began to worry that I might have gawked at him and he had noticed. My convenient run-ins with him might be weirding him out. Believe me, it was weirding me out, but I’m the one noticing him, not the other way around, isn’t it?

As I lay in bed that night, I thought about him—but not in that way perv. Maybe my fascination with him wasn’t so much as that I was actually crushing on him but maybe I wanted to be like him. So healthy and happy, with kids that adore him. Was it all a façade, or was it all real? And if was for real, then I couldn’t help but feel good that this guy had it all. And while sites like Post Secret say that we all have our inner demons, I could imagine this guy living a good life and I was happy that I could see it if only for a few moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home