Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Yes, it's true...

I haven’t seen my coworker, Tammy, for over a week and a half. She had Thanksgiving week off for vacation, and I’ve had Monday and Tuesday off when she returned. Yesterday I came back while she had her day off. When I came in Wednesday (yesterday), Ms. Sally came up to me while we were punching in.

“You and I have got to talk.” She said.

“Why? What happened?” As I was wondering what was going on, I saw Joni bending over laughing. “What the hell?”

Joni lifted herself up just a moment to say, “Tammy was freaking out yesterday about what you told her.”

Apparently, everyone has to prance around the word “gay.” So there it is, now everyone is beginning to realize that, yes I am. Well, not everyone is on it. There are other people in the crew who had no idea what Joni was laughing about.

Latter on in the night, Jon, Jamie, and I went up to the deli for lunch. Deli Mike (who I am hugely attracted to) was there so I thought that this would be an excellent time to gauge his reaction without actually having to say anything to him.

“So, was [Tammy’s] freak out an ‘Oh my God’ one?” I asked.

Joni starts to get all red in the face again. Apparently this is an embarrassing subject for her.

“What are you guys talking about?” Jamie was getting frustrated about not being in on the conversation.

I glanced over at Deli Mike who was filling out Joni’s order. “Tammy’s freaking out because I said I was a homo.” Mike acted as if he didn’t hear anything. Rats.

“You are?!”

Why is it so hard to believe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home