Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, December 26, 2005

There's no place like home for the holidays.

Hey everyone. I’m back and I hope that you all had a great Christmas. Looking through the blogroll, I see that most of you are well and did a bit of traveling also.

So my family and I headed down to Florida. As you can guess, we hit the wonderful world of Disney. I’ll spare you the fine details of what when on day to day. First of all let me say that I am really glad that I went with my family. If things are truly on the up and up for me, then this might be the last Christmas I spend with them. --Okay, that came out wrong. This will be the last Christmas I spend with them as a dependent. While I love my family, I came to realize that I just can’t spend one whole week with them day and night.

Instead of doing the theme park deal, I had hoped to do other less touristy things. Explore the Everglades, relax in Key West (as much as Dad would hate the company), maybe even catch up with a couple of high school friends. But you know everyone else wanted to see the attractions and when they’re picking up most of the bill, I tend to shut up and have as much fun with it as I can. So basically for one whole week, I spent my time riding as much rides and seeing as much as I possibly could.

While my sister is still big on rides, I’m beginning to grow into liking the shows. I suppose that’s why of all the Disney theme parks, I like Epcot the most. I had felt like I had to drag people around the World Showcase so that I could see some of the exhibitions that are shown. The Matzuriza at Japan, I love. Banging on drums never looked so artistic or sounded so good. Even the comedic version of a Christmas Carol over in the United Kingdom had me going. One of the things that I wish I really could have seen there was the Candlelight procession. The day we were there, it was being narrated by James Caviezel. But seeing how they were lined up at 3:30 for a 5:00 show, I wasn’t too thrilled about wasting time for it. Maybe some other year, yes?

Introducing the real green fairy.

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger PJS said...

Take it from someone who's well into his thirties and has to pick up his own bill at themeparks and elsewhere: ride with the family as LONG as you possibly can!!!

=0P

Welcome back

 
At 10:38 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger David said...

PJS, the grass is truly greener on the other side...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home