Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Blast from my past

The other night, I ran into Rich at work. When I was in high school, he and I worked over at K-mart. He had recently ended his tour in the Air Force, coming back from South Korea. His mannerisms made me think that he was gay. He wasn't but that didn't prevent me from having a huge crush on him. This man was such a good guy and I don't think I could come up with one bad thing to say about him. He left K-mart shortly before I left for State. I had told him before that I was planning on going into the Air Force as well. One of the last things he did was to wish me good luck. As far as I knew, he was off to become an EMT.

Well as you may have already observed, the whole Air Force thing didn't work and I pretty much ended in the same place as I was in high school. Occassionally, I would spot him in the store with his wife. We made eye contact and aknowledged one another over a distance but it never went further than that until recently.

It turns out that he is working over at the Hummer plant. Honestly, he looked a little tired. His eyes were a little red. I guessed that he probably had a long day or had just gotten off his shift. Rich said that things were going well, though, so I'm happy for him. It would be nice to see him one last time before I leave for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home