Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wicked

As I was driving back from my internship, I was listening to Roe Conn on WLS. Apparently today is Wicked Wednesday. WLS is doing a promotion for the Broadway musical Wicked which is playing at Chicago's Ford Center for the Performing Arts. Ever since I heard a clip of "Popular," I've wanted to go see it. Wicked is the prequel to The Wizard of Oz and centers on the story of The Wicked Witch of the West and her friend Glinda, The [Good] Witch of the North.

The only musical that I have seen is The Phantom of the Opera when it came to MSU's Wharton Center. I enjoyed it immensely. But now, as then, I can't find anyone who wants to go see Wicked with me. What is it with my friends and their aversion to the arts? Okay, granted going to Chicago just to see a musical does seem to be a bit much but it would be worth it. (Well for me, at least.) I won't even bother asking my parents. First, my Dad probably started praying for my soul when I asked them if they wanted to come up to MSU to see The Phantom of the Opera. Second, they both would rather stick needles through their eyes before going into a large city. (Hey, we live in a village that has one blinking yellow light for a traffic signal.)

I went to The Phantom of the Opera alone. Would I have the balls to go see Wicked alone? Maybe not, but it's nice to think about it.

UPDATE:
I think I have snagged Season into going. Whoo hoo! However, it depends on whether she will be going down to Florida for Thanksgiving. She's not going to see family... so I don't see anything wrong with hoping that those plans get derailed. Do you?

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, October 31, 2005, Blogger me said...

Oh honey! Go see Wicked, you'll love it! The Chicago production is great. Go alone, if you have to, and own being alone:) Besides, then you won't have to deal with someone asking "What did they say?"

 
At 10:06 AM, November 02, 2005, Blogger David said...

It's looking good that I will be going. Probably the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Ah, to visit the city again and do something cool. I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home