Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, October 10, 2005

A subset wedding story

<<--See also: First Step.

The wedding was an absolute blast. As promised, here is a picture:
This is me, Erin; Mandi and her date, Carl. The reason I thought that this was hilarious was that two sisters ended up bringing two gay guys as dates. I'm telling you, I got the dirtiest look from Erin when I told her that I would be taking this picture just for that reason. And as Carl said that night, we were there to make them look good! When Erin told me that Carl was coming, she pretty much told me that he wasn't my type. Yeah, she was pretty spot on. Although, he is a pretty cool guy and I would have to say that I was fortunate to spend most of my evening with him rather than some stuffy boring guy--which would have been like me probably :P

I never told him I was gay, which is fine because he never told me that he was either. I'm sure that he thought that he was obvious from the get-go. After all, only minutes after meeting him, he told me that he didn't want to be a drag queen in the context that he was making fun of them--drag queens that is. I don't know if he ever got the feeling that I was gay as well or if he knew.

During one of the dances, I was paired with Erin and Carl was paired up with Mandie. Erin called out "Switch partners!" I swear to God my heart skipped a beat. I was about to panic. Luckily, Erin went to Carl and Mandie went to me.

"Whoo!" I said to Amanda, "I thought that she meant that I was going to dance with Carl."

Of course, at that she got the wicked idea. "Switch!"

For a moment there both Carl and I just stood there like we didn't know what to do. Mercifully the song came to an end just seconds before we would have to commit or abort.

Later that night, after being a tired and a little tipsy, I decided to pretty much drop the straight approach once we were in our hotel room. Again I never said I was gay but I said enough for both Mandie and Carl to get the idea.

First was the wonder-underwear comment. Carl said that he had his hoochy underwear on. He liked them because they showed off his man-hood better. I then told them about these wonder-bra like things only for men's underwear. They are padded so that it looks like you've got a bigger package than you really got.

"That would just be a disappointment." Said Carl.

"Well, the point is to have the guys looking at you." I said.

"...Or women." Added Erin.

"Yeah... them too."

Second was the "tent girl" story. This is where a rumor of Erin got started amongst my fellow high school classmates that she and I had a romping time at the after-prom party in my tent.

"Well, you know, you did wonders for me. People no longer suspected that I was gay. ... They still do [think I'm straight]"

I'll have to ask if the two of them got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home