Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Saturday, March 22, 2008

He'll be there.

<<--See also: “Why were we talking about that,” and “A subset wedding story.”

My friend Erin is getting married in about a month. While we were out having lunch we were talking about some deep issues. I’m not going to air it out here but there was one small thing she mentioned that I will share.

There is a wedding invite sitting by my bed. I haven’t responded yet but it’s for me and a “guest.” I suppose I have been hoping that I could find a date to take with me to the wedding. As long as I have that RSVP card, there will always be the possibility that it could happen. I know that I will be going alone and although I could always invite one of my gal friends, I don’t want to use them in that way anymore.

If there is one thing that I wish for myself, that day, it is that I will be able dance with another man. It didn’t have to a serious affair but it did have to have some meaning. I thought that it would be a far flung fantasy—I was going to be alone. Maybe… there’s reason to hope.

Karl is going to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home