Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Luke and Noah? Where have I been?

During the last week or so I have been waking up to a certain song playing on the local radio station. I enjoyed it so I did a google search on it to find out what the song's name was and then a YouTube search so that I could listen to it. I found a vid clip that used the song and this is it:

I've watched soaps with my grandma when I lived with her on the farm so I know how those story lines can draw you in. I really wanted to know more about those two guys and so I dug further until I found out that they were Luke and Noah from the "As the World Turns." Apparently they have the distinction of being the first gay couple on day time TV. There was a series of clips on YouTube that I found that detailed their relationship. I watched almost all of it.

Dang soap opera hooked me in again!

Coincidentally I ran into more of Luke and Noah via another blogger. You can read his post here. Also, there was a news story on MSN. Three things about the same couple coming at me at almost the same time.

According to the article, there's a protest of the two characters. No, the protest is not about having a gay couple. It's about the lack of lip-locking. Which I agree with you. In all the clips that I had seen of those two, there was only two times they kissed. I'm not asking for a sex scene or anything but let's get real here. It's a soap opera, there's a lot worse they can show than two gay characters kissing every now and then. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home