Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm in the directory.

I admit it, I'm a stats whore. Every other day, I take a look at my stats to see who comes to my blog. If you are worried about your privacy, I don't actively look for you. I only notice IP numbers and so far there are only two of you who haven't made a comment on my blog (shame on you!) so I know you exist but I don't know who you are. Again, don't worry as I am not going to track you down.

Anyways, I was looking at my stats for my main blog. I try to keep my gay life separated from that blog because family members drop by there from time to time. I will admit there are a couple links to gay blogs and there is some hidden language involved. And aside from Luke and a mysterious visitor from the UK, no one has found it who wasn't already given the URL. So I am a bit baffled as to how that blog ended up in a gay blog directory.

My guess is that the site guy mined for links and picked my site up. Still, wouldn't the lack of gay info have given him the clue that maybe I'm not gay? Who knows, I could be a straight ally. He's right of course, but still... it kind of irks me.

There is place where he says that he will remove the listings if the site owners requested it. I thought about it, but decided to leave it be. If I get some more traffic... Great!

By the way, this blog isn't in the directory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home