Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Huffin' and Puffin'

Today and yesterday, I got to participate in one of a series of mock disaster scenarios. My supervisor runs two classes that trains volunteers to assist in disaster or emergency situations. Graduations for the classes involved three stations where the students would have to use the knowledge and skills and apply them. I got to be in the smoke house which is pictured. It was a lot of fun.

I was located in the bedroom which is on the left there. The door on the right was the only one that could be opened so they would have to get me out by going through the trailer. How they would accomplish this was pretty interesting.

On day 1, the first team couldn't get me out. Mike, the firefighter that I was working with said, "If you can't get him out, leave him." Gee, thanks Mike. Team two, was able to get me out after bumping my head on the steps. Team three got me out the fastest by using a blanket to carry me out.

On day 2, the first team did alright and was able to get me out. Team 2 took the longest. Although my foot was blocking the door to the room for all the teams, it took them two attempts before they reached in and moved my foot. The last team was brutal! They dragged me by my two feet. Ahhh, the rug burn! Even still, they couldn't get me out as a gas leak forced them to leave me behind.

If I could work it out, I might look into taking the class when it is offered again in the summer. Anything to help that resume. heh heh

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Tag- check my bloggity blog blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home