Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pop? Yuck. (the official line)

I suppose it's a little late to make a decision on Lent*, but I think I will give up pop. Well maybe not totally, but I'm talking about a serious roll back here. In a matter of four days, I've managed to suck down a 24-pack. Back in 1999, I cut out pop for Lent and succeeded. At the end of it, it tasted pretty gross. Sad to say, but I got hooked on it again and it occurred to me that maybe I should drop it for good. While I'm out and about tomorrow, I'll have to stock up on tea. It's gonna be a rough couple weeks.


*Umm, I'm not Catholic but I use Lent as an excuse to do something healthy.

3 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

I just like to drink. Soda, water, punch.. blah, whatever. The only reason I cut back? It gets expensive... and I could totally drink a 24 pack in a week too. What is your soda of choice?

 
At 9:48 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger David said...

Psst, don't tell anyone but pop here is dirt cheap! Seriously, it's cheaper than water. With the bottle deposit and waiting for the right sales, we sometimes end up paying 60 cents for a 24-pack of cola.

As for the soda of my choice, I'd have to say Coke. It's more of a habit than anything else. I took that Pepsi/Coke Taste Challenge in college and found out that I like Pepsi a lot more.

Yet, if there is a fountain drink choice at a diner or car stop, I will choose A&W over all else if it is available.

In short, I don't know! :P

 
At 8:47 PM, March 22, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

I'm totally a Diet Coke fiend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home