Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, March 13, 2006

Numb my mind,

Last night, I spent my time relaxing in front of the boob tube watching Bend It Like Beckham. After a stressful week, the movie was a good way to end it. I haven't seen this movie in quite a while even though it has to be one of my favorite movies. Further evidence, as my sister would say, that I'm just as much an anglophile as her. Well, not really, but it does raise suspicions. lol.

I can definitely relate to some of the characters in the story. Jesminder's break from the cultural expectations of her family. Jules's suffering under her mother. Joe not living up to his father's dreams. Tony, as he is taking his first steps out of the closet and what that will mean to his family. ("But you're Indian.")

* * *

I was going to blog about the BSG finale... but I don't know how I feel about that. I think I'm going to need some time to digest what I saw. --We have to wait until October to see the next season?! Argh!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

Damn BSG. I didn't like the finale.

 
At 9:49 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger David said...

Yeah. My first reaction was very negative. Now, the more I think of it, I kinda a like it. Moore has always indicated that he likes to shake things up. This is a major twist that completely breaks with my expectations of how this series will play out. Not knowing or at least not being sure of what will happen in the mid and long term is kind of appealing. From what I hear, the New Caprica arc will not last through Season 3, so they will eventually make it back into space.

Hopefully the new Doctor Who series will make July come by faster. As for October... it seems so far away. *whines*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home