Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Last night on the big screen...

Erin took me out last night for a birthday treat! With both of us on a budget, we went for the Ready in Niles. For $3.50, it does provide bang for the buck in my opinion. Anyways, we went there to see “Failure to Launch.” Hmm, was she trying to say something?

The basic story involves a thirty-something guy that still lives at home with his parents. And who could blame him? No rent, excellent food, and free cleaning services. His parents, however, feel that it is time for him to go. They find a professional interventionist who plans to “bond” with the guy and provide the impetus for him to get out. Predictably, she falls for the client.

It wasn’t the most enjoyable film that I’ve seen. The “romance” and “comedy” aspects of this romantic comedy were very separate. The movie has a realistic feel to it but the comedic aspects, usually involving animals, seemed to run against it. As a result, the movie seems disjointed somehow.

Bradley Cooper and Zooey Deschanel also star which is enough for me to be interested in the film. However, if I had known that I would be getting multiple viewings of Terry Bradshaw’s butt, I think I would have passed.

I recommend waiting until it comes out on TBS.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger David said...

Thanks Republic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home