Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Friday, January 13, 2006

Crumbs (the TV show)

I think it’s pretty fortunate that last night’s CSI was a repeat otherwise I wouldn’t have caught the premier of Crumbs. I don’t really get excited about new shows. They have a tendency to get cancelled so I usually come in after a show has been on for a couple years. Examples: Friends, CSI, and Everybody Loves Raymond. The local paper had a little blurb about Crumbs and I was intrigued for the one obvious reason: the main character is gay. He’s not just gay, though, he hides it from his family. For that reason (and maybe because I liked 3rd Rock from the Sun), I decided to give it a try.

First impression: it’s not that funny. I don’t find that terribly alarming. Some shows do grow into their own. Given that this is a mid-season starter, the show really needs to hit an audience fast otherwise it will receive the ax. Hey, I’ve seen it done after only four episodes (The American Embassy). Second: that brother is hot. Overall: the premier’s value was only to set up the series and it did so without having an interesting story line. They could have saved time by just saying this is so and so and this is why they are here. I honestly have a pessimistic feeling about the show despite my wishes that it do well. I personally don’t think that I will be giving up CSI but you know, I may flip back to it during the commercials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home