Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It wasn't a date, I swear!

Last night Erin and I went out on a date for dinner and a movie. It had been a couple weeks since we last saw each other and I think that we were both itching to get out of the house. There wasn't too much to see. Erin wanted to see that new Jennifer Anniston movie--you know the one that's supposed to be a thriller. Sorry to say it, but I've pretty much typecast the Friends crew to comedy. A major exception may be Courtney Cox... but c'mon...Scary Movie really is a comedy. So it turned out to be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I'm not a Harry Potter fan per se, I just like to know what everyone else is talking abo--DON'T YOU ROLL THOSE EYES! So anyways, it was an okay movie. Erin pointed out latter, that it seemed unresolved. Not the Lord Voldemort thing, mind you, just the small things and characters that were introduced but then not expanded upon. Anyways, that's not the real reason I'm posting.

Are you ready for the gushy part?

Okay, so she and I went to the Outback Steakhouse. The last time that I had been to the Outback was a couple years ago while I was in the Philippines. I had been there for a couple months and I needed some American food. More specifically, I needed a slab of meat! So I went to Alabang with John (more on him in a latter post) to get some. So we get there, and we are seated as soon as we get in. Our server turned out to be this guy named David.

Erin said to me, "I think he checked you out."

"That's good, I did [the same to] him." David stands just under six foot, probably 180-190, with dark brown hair, a light goatee. He had on dark khakis, a dark blue striped shirt buttoned down so you could see that he was wearing a tight a-shirt underneath. Silver watch on the right, silver ring on the left middle finger. He speaks with a very soft voice and makes sure that everything is great.

"Really? He's not that good looking."

Good, he's not interested in you either. I think he was very cute. Erin latter conceded that at the end of our dinner when David put his hand on my shoulder as he was dropping of the check and saying good evening. Yup, he got double the tip. Have you noticed that at the bottom of the credit card slip, there's a place to put your phone number? Hmm, I hope that he noticed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home