Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I like him?

They say that you can’t help who you fall for. For the past few months I have been crushing hard for the Centennial guy that works at the other end of the mall. I’m not lying when I say that they guy is Grade A Hunk. Although he still provides plenty of eye candy material, I’m over him. Today it dawned on me that I have been attracted all this time to another guy. And it’s an insidious attraction—the kind you aren’t even aware of.

Since starting to work here, I’ve gotten to know a lot of the workers at this end of the mall as they come in for drink and snacks. One of our regulars is Ryan. He works across the hall and two stall down. He’s got this lopsided grin and his left eyebrow arches when he talks. He also comes off kind of bashful at first but as you get to know him and you get to know him, he opens up. He’s no model, but he’s hot in the way that really matters. I don’t know, I never really gave him much thought but today he came in and bought a pop like usual. A few minutes after he left I caught myself going to the front of the store to see if he was visible in his. He was. He looked up and saw me looking at him. We both nodded in acknowledgement.

Wow. I like this guy. I have for a while. And it’s so cool that I see him almost every time he and I work. But if past precedent means anything, he’s probably straight. How does one play the are-you-gay dance? Other than saying, “hey, are you gay, cause if you are, I’d like to ask you out,” I wouldn’t know what to do.

I swear there needs to be a homo help book or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home