Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Forget I said that.

<<--See Also: Regret and Relief

It was so dead at work today that I was rearranging the stuffed animals.

"Aren't you a little old to be playing with dolls?"

I looked up to see SSG Carney getting a pop out of the cooler. Such a statement demanded a response. Anyone who knows me, knows that I suck at comebacks. Looking at his fatigues, I used the first thing that popped up in my mind.

"Well, there aren't any G.I. Joes available."

I had to wince at that because it could have been taken in an entirely different way than I had intended. And yet, it was such a Freudian slip. Alas, there was no hole available to crawl into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home