Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, April 17, 2006

Thread Ended

Has the Andrew thread in Desperate Housewives come to an end? Was it me, or did it abruptly end?

When the arc with Andrew started, I thought that the writers were being weak. I mean, what the hell was up with the whole vanilla/chocolate thing? It was a great step to make Andrew gay but it seemed like a back pedal when he confessed to the priest. Thankfully, they seemed to put him back in a less ambiguous position.

Now, I have to wonder where his story will go. The way the episode ended, it looked like something clicked in Andrew’s head when he found out that he no longer could press for emancipation while Bree opened up to be more accepting of his relationship with his boyfriend.

While Bree’s willingness to accept Andrew’s homosexuality is a great evolution of character, it still doesn’t change my opinion that Andrew is still a little bastard. Maybe having his mother finally compromise on something for him is what turned him over, but his past behavior suggests that he’s not a good guy. I’d tell his boyfriend to run.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, April 18, 2006, Blogger Brian Farrey said...

You want Andrew and you know it.

 
At 9:21 PM, April 18, 2006, Blogger David said...

Duh! :P

But I'd drop him the second I find out that I could get with Tom Scavo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home