Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Too Much TV!

NBC has the new show called Teachers. I don’t have time to watch it all the time, but I thought it was worth taking a looksie. Fellow Michigander, Justin Bartha stars in it as does Sarah Alexander whom* I enjoyed on Coupling. So far, the show hasn’t been stellar but it’s better than some of the other shows that somehow survived the ax.

Anyone know if Four Kings has been cancelled? I’ve heard that it has been cancelled and I’ve also heard that it has been put on hiatus? Which is it? Todd Grinnell better find some work soon.
The new Doctor Who series hasn’t been going as well as I had hoped. I’m only four episodes into it so I am still willing to give it a few more shots. This Friday, they are bringing back the daleks. Or rather, a dalek. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Phew, on TAR! I was getting a little worried that the hippies weren’t going to make it. And is it just me, or does it seem like we are over due for a non-elimination round? Of the teams that are left, I really only like the hippies. The frat boys are alright, but I don’t want slackers who are worse than I winning a million dollars.

*Can anyone tell me if I used the correct word? I'm working on the correct usage of who and whom. Damn, I hate the English language sometimes.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Brian Farrey said...

Who is used for a grammatical subject, where a nominative pronoun such as I or he would be appropriate, and whom is used as the object of a verb or preposition.

A nominative pronoun acts as a subject of a verb (Who ate the cake?) or as the subject of a linked verb (Did you see who ate the cake?). A direct object, on the other hand, is the object of a verb (Whom did you call?) or a preposition (He is the person to whom I placed the call).

Clear as mud? :-)

 
At 9:46 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Brian Farrey said...

Or maybe this makes more sense: if you can replace a word with "he" or "she," then it is the subject of the sentence and you should use "who." If you can replace the word with "him" or "her," it is the object and you should use "whom." You might need to rephrase the sentence to make this work.

In other words: you done good.

 
At 5:26 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger David said...

When words like preposition, object, and such are thrown together, I hear "wah, wah, wah," like that teacher in those Charlie Brown cartoons. I wonder sometims how I ever made it out of the public school system. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home