Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Inspiring Work Environment

I’ve been working for the last couple days at a store in the local mall as an assistant manager in training. So far, I’ve been trained like a regular sales associate and it’s been going alright. I’m trying to remember so many codes (we don’t use UPCs) that my head feels like clay. But the work environment is so much better. Alright, I’m going to sound like an ass but it’s true… at my previous job, most of the customers were white trash and they can be vile. Now, I’m near Notre Dame as well as other colleges and in a good upper middle class community so the customer base is a lot better. Plus they’re bursting with cash.

The store that I work in is across the way from a jewelry store which has good looking, drool-worthy associates. Men in uniform or in business suits always catch my attention. And they have a propensity for stopping by! Two of them are very nice and take time to chat with you which I am finding seems to be normal amongst the other workers. It’s very laid back. But, I’ve been on the job for a couple of days so it could all be in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home