Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, April 10, 2006

Gift Bags Are the Devil

I am awesome when it comes to gift wrapping. A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Give me some paper, tape, and a little ribbon and I will go to town on some gift. I probably put more thought into presentation than the actual gift itself sometimes. Erin usually puts gifts in gift bags and so I thought that I would try that route this year with her gift. It was a disaster!

The Michael Bublé album that I bought her uses white and silver as the primary colors in its packaging. I thought it would be simple. Find a white gift bag and some silver tissue paper and I’d be set. Nope. For the life of me, I could not find a simple white bag. The closest that I could find had marital or baby stuff on it. I made a special trip down to the Hallmark store where I was able to get a silver bag with white tissue paper. Now that I had the materials, I couldn’t make it look presentable. The paper would not cooperate. It would bunch up, tear, collapse, everything but look nice. With my last two sheets, I stuffed them in there along with the CD and called it a day.

Never again will I deal with that again. It sounded simple: Place tissue paper in bag; place gift in bag. Believe me, it’s more hassle than it is worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home