Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, April 24, 2006

Lake Visit #1

Here are some pictures that I took when Season and I went to Weko beach in Bridgman. Because Blogger is acting all shitty right now, I'm going to put up the few remaining pictures at a latter time. So for now you'll have to enjoy these. And be grateful! It's not often I show my ugly mug on this site. :P

In order to preserve the dunes, these walkways had to be built. It's a good idea but it doesn't allow you the full experience of hiking the dunes. This was just a little bitty thing too.





Looking at the southern end of the lake where you can see Indiana.



No swimming yet. It's still draw-up-your-nuts cold!

More pics to follow I promise! Expect to see and read about a nuclear plant and singing sand. Oooooh, I know you're all excited.

6 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Brian Farrey said...

If it's draw-up-your-nuts cold, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING STANDING IN THE WATER YOU FREAKAZOID?!

And I mean Freakazoid in the nicest, most loving manner possible.

 
At 11:03 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger David said...

Standing? You should have been there on the day I was swimming in it. (Not this day, of course.) It's not that bad, once you get numb. :P Haven't you done anything similar in MN?

 
At 11:14 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Brian Farrey said...

No, oddly enough, I avoid the following things:

1) Being dragged by motorized vehicles (so water skiing is out)

2) Sex with anything bearing the moniker "Sony"

3) Swimming in any weather cooler than 80 degrees

I do NOT engage in the bizarro antics of the local Polar Bear club. Gimme a day that's 85 and bike and I'm a happy guy.

 
At 11:42 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger David said...

I've got #3 down, but I'm willing to give 1 and 2 a go. I'd try out ice swimming once but then I'd leave the Yoopers to their fun. No need for me to cramp their style.

 
At 4:49 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

Looks like a beautiful day. :)

 
At 5:20 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger David said...

^It definitely was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home