Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Did you hear a howl?

I was going through town on my way to the library yesterday. I was passing by 17th St which is where a lot of the high schoolers are walking on their way back home. I’ve got my MP3 running high through the radio and I’m sitting at a red light jamming to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindy Lauper. (Yes, I am an 80's child.) I hear an “Oh my God!” off to my right and I look over to find four teenage girls pointing and laughing at me. I realize that I have my hands off the steering wheel and in the air doing exaggerated movements in “tune” with the song. All the while, I’m continuing to sing out… just a little too loudly. I stop for a split second wondering how I can save myself further embarrassment. Figuring it was too late, I just resumed what I was doing. Hell, these girls don’t know who I am… might as well give them a free show. So I sang, they laughed. Phew! Good thing that light didn’t stay red for too long! Otherwise, they might have seen me perform the next song --- Dancing Queen by ABBA. Yeaaaah…. Uh….. I’m old. So no more listening to my 70’s/80’s playlist while driving through town. We’ll reserve that for when I’m actually driving down the Freeway of Love with Aretha Franklin.

And yes, I do requests…

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

You should see the contents of my car CD organizer. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home