Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, November 14, 2005

Now I am

Tammy was giving me some more of her usual banter about Nate and me. It's been a running joke for a while now that he and I would make a cute couple. Of course, this is done with the assumption that I am straight and should be embarrassed. But I go along with it, giving as good as I get. It's actually made for some hilarious work days. For some reason though, Tammy took the next step and finally asked but did it in such a way that I could easily weaseled out of it. I didn't. So she went over to Nate and asked him. I couldn't see or hear them talking. I was a little pissed that she would do that. Nate could have told her. I later found out that he didn't.

Tammy and I went over to work some freight on the other side of the store. I asked her if she had gotten her answer from Nate. She said that he wouldn't tell her if I was gay. I was very impressed with Nate. He had actually followed the no outing rule and told her that's what he did.

In my more serious tone I said, "If you really want to know, the answer is yes--I am."

This is the part where I have lost control. There are too many people who know now. Friends, a few acquaintances, and now the people at work. It's scary more than anything else because it is all building up to my parents. I'm getting into that area where everyone else knows but them and it makes me wonder if someone will blow it for me before I finally have the courage to face my folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home