Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So Fast It's Scary

Remember Panera Bread man from a few posts back? I still have this crush on him although, I have largely gotten over it. I didn’t know him so it’s hard to keep the idea of dating this guy fresh. I know it sounds stalkish, but every now and then, I do go by his MySpace page and see what’s new with him.

For the past couple of weeks, he has been going out with this guy. I’ll call him Jay. So after two weeks, they are already all about the L-word and spending the rest of their lives together. And I’m thinking, “Glad I didn’t get on that boat.” This was definitely a case of bringing the U-haul on the second date as Laura, my lesbian co-worker, once said. Seriously. Two Weeks?!

Now I’ll concede, I do think that it is possible to fall in love rather shortly. I fell for John very quickly and when he left after a few weeks, I was so heartbroken that I cried. Scared the shit out of me that I was doing that for a guy. I wouldn’t say that I was in love with him, but it was… something. However, despite that, I just don’t understand how you could openly cling to one another like that after a little amount of time. Maybe it’s just my rational head, but it’s seems so fast for me.

For anyone who may have the fortune of dating me, (I am a catch you know. *grins*) don’t tell me that you love me after knowing me for only two weeks. I repeat, don’t. More than likely, you’re going to freak me out because I will not say, “I love you,” until I am absolutely sure. It’s not a phrase I throw out lightly. Trust me, when I do say those words, it’ll be real and it will be felt. It will be worth waiting for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home