Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And work improves

I’m excited. My boss hired three new people in the last few days. One of them, a guy, came in a few weeks ago to fill out an application. And I remember this because he walked in with his boyfriend. While he was filling out the sheet, I breathed a sigh of relief since it appeared, at the time, that we weren’t considering any new applicants. But he made it. When I found out, I was both excited apprehensive. But at Erin said, it may be an opportunity to make new friends. Last night was my first opportunity to work with him. Yes, I was nervous as hell before he showed up for his shift. But then I got to thinking. Why should I be nervous? It shouldn’t be any different than working with any other person.

So how did we break the ice? By talking about the musical, Wicked. That was great as I haven’t been able to talk to anyone other than Season about it. But after covering the subject pretty well, I found myself groping for another subject without success. I don’t know if it was because we don’t have many common interests or maybe he was a little intimidated. Even though we didn’t end up talking away the night, he does seem to be a very good worker and quite nice.

I won’t work with him for the next few weeks. His schedule is in opposition to mine plus I will be out of town for at least a week working at one of our branch stores down south. I hope that he decides to stick around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home