Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The BSG termination *Spoilers Possible*

Last night I watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, but I never want to miss an episode of Battlestar Galactica. So I taped it and I have just finished watching it. --What the fuck? They killed off the character of Billy Keikeya, the assistant to President Roslin. Why am I pissed off?

First of all, this show has been killing off people left and right. At the rate they are killing each other, the Cylons only have to sit back and let the humans do all the dirty work.

Billy was one of those characters that I actually liked. All of the main characters have huge issues. Then there are those like Billy, Duala, and Tyrol which have a sense of normalcy--the kind of people that you would meet in the streets. I liked that.

Then there was the romance between Billy and Duala. They were the lone bubble of what the fleet was heading to. They were the hope and they ruined that. What was the point of shifting the positive perceptions of these two into negative ones? Both doing something stupid.

Also, Billy was the future. He was supposed to be the President of the Colonies. He was supposed to be the Joshua to Roslin's Moses.

What crap.

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Brian Farrey said...

David,

You're missing the primary reason to be pissed that Billy was killed off: Billy was A HOTTIE!! (OK, he's no Apollo but he was cute!)

 
At 8:53 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

I was shocked and upset when they killed off Billy too. It's to the point where I will no longer speak of it. ;)

 
At 5:19 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger David said...

Brian, Yeah, I was going to say that but lately I've been feeling that I say this guy is cute, this guy is hot. Bode, Hedrick, Jamie Bamber, Tahmoh Penikett, that cop guy on Will and Grace--whose name I should look up-- and now Billy? That's just way too many. I sound like I think every guy is hot.

Thanks for commenting!

Luke, when I saw him lying in the morgue, I wanted to somehow reach through the TV, grabe Moore, and choke him. Who is next? I think Cally... >__<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home