Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wow. Now that was a show.

After months of waiting, Season and I finally got to see Wicked. It was great. I don’t think Season was impressed as she thought she would be but she said that she still liked it. I had a smile on my face throughout the whole thing (okay, minus some scenes) but bottom line, it was a blast.

I want to put a big spoiler sign on this post and tell you all about the thing but then you might not be tempted to go see it yourself. And if you have any inkling at all, go for it! It’s definitely worth the money. It’s funny and you’ll get to see the Wizard of Oz story with a whole new perspective and twist(er).

One problem: The seats in the Oriental Theatre are killer. If you taller than 6’, I’d recommend asking for an isle seat so you could move your legs around. No need to get an aneurism during a performance.

Going to Chicago to see this musical is remarkably easy. If at all possible, avoid driving into the city. Take a train. Season and I took the South Shore train departing from South Bend. 75cents to park at the airport 18hour lot, $18 for a Round Trip Weekend Excursion ticket. We got off the train only 2 blocks away from the theater and within walking distance of major attractions. Tickets should be bought well in advance of when you plan to go. We had to wait two months for an opening in the lower balcony—it’s that “popular.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home