Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What the hell is with my phone?

At 2:50am this morning, my cell phone went off. I groggily checked on it, ready to yell at whoever it was that was calling me. It's fucking 2:50 in the morning--a Wednesday morning. If someone needed to be picked up from the bar, I would have saved them from a drunk driving accident but would've killed them anyways. So I look at the caller ID: 888-506-8407. An 888 number? It mustn't be anyone I know. It's an 800 number so it had to be some kind of telemarketer. So I silently cursed them to hell and went back to sleep. I would find out who this company was in the morning and write them a nasty e-mail.

I'm now in the office and a few minutes ago, I remembered to check out the phone number. My search revealed it to be from Inmate Calling Solutions and that the call was probably from somplace in Kansas. Alright, what the hell is up with getting two calls from inmates? This one was from Kansas and one, about a week ago, another was from North Carolina. I'm begining to wonder who had my cell phone number before it was assigned to me.

Next time it happens, I'm going to answer.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, January 28, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

My phone got tagged for election callers right around Oct/Nov of last year. It got so bad that I stopped answering my phone. So annoying.

 
At 12:21 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger David said...

Usually, I look at the incoming phone number to see if I recognize it. I try to let it go, but sometimes curiosity/paranoia (what if it's a friend in need) gets to me. Oh, if Caller ID was a little more detailed.

 
At 9:18 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

Unfortunately in my case.. it came back "Private" or "Unknown"

 
At 7:57 PM, April 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah dude.. I just did a good search for that same 888 Number you are talking about. I live in Indiana and got a call at about 11:30 last night. I don't answer numbers I dont know let alone 888 numbers. Just wierd. I should have answered and we can solve this mystery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home