Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Saturday, September 24, 2005

What are the right circumstances?

Yesterday, I was going to take a HUGE step. I was going to come out to my sister. She up at university right now and I had planned to go up and meet her for dinner. Then I would have taken her to a park. I wanted to sit her down and say, "I'm gay." Or at least something similar. Then I would have given her a copy of my journal.

The decision to do this was pretty much out of the blue. I had only thought it up last Wednesday or so. Her being at school provides her, and to some extent, me, with some space to deal with my revelation. My telling her at home with the parents around might have caused some serious strain that my parents couldn't ignore.

Sadly, the plans didn't even come close to happening. First, she planned to use me as her way home for the weekend. So I wouldn't be able to tell her until I had taken her back up. Fine. I could wait a little longer. But then she finds a ride with a friend who happens to live in the area so I'm not even going to take her back up. So... no telling for now.

I'm a bit crushed actually. I had geared up for this and was let down. I'm afraid that I'm going to loose the courage that I built up to tell her. Stay tuned to see if my second attempt is more successful in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home