Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Monday, September 26, 2005

Sour balls

I'm sure that at one time in your life you lusted over a particular person... at least until you actually got to know them a little better and you realized they are not so great.

There's a particular stocker that I've fancied over the summer. His name is Andrew but I always thought of him as Hot Andrew to better differenciate him and Short Andrew. He's just under six foot, slender with runner's physique, dishwater blonde hair with blue eyes. Pure eye candy. Because of our work positions, we never interact with each other. Up until today, my whole experience of me interacting with him is summed up with, "Do you have a dime I can borrow?" I gave him my dime. At the time, I probably would have given my wallet had he asked.

Surprisingly, he was sent to the backroom to help unload a truck. I was so happy that I bumped Jamie down the line so that he could work across from me. Hey, I thought that it would be best if I trained him to correctly sort the boxes at our end. All throughout the shift, I tried talking to him. At best he would grunt affirmatives or negatives. I tried a few jokes. Nothing... more like a "just shut up. you're stupid." look. My little eye candy was not sweet at all. Dang.

At the end of the project, Sporting Goods Tim came in and talked with a group of us. He had mentioned that Cashier Jayson was going to move in with him. Not-so-Hot Andrew couldn't believe that straight Tim was going to let Gay Jayson move in with him. Jayson is one of the coolest people we have and Andrew has a problem with people helping him out?

Well, I guess I'll just have to gawk at Deli Mike a little more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home