Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Was I so different?

I pulled out my old passport today. I didn’t plan on looking for it. I was just there as I was going through some old drawers. I was looking at a picture of a five year old me. So much different than I am. A smile. Wide eyes. Innocence. A different person really. And I looked into this child’s eyes. What was lying past them? Did he really have the same demons that I wrestle with? So this was a gay boy who had not realized what sexuality was. Was he so different from the other children? Because I don’t seem to remember. I see so much promise in this kid and it seems that he could never grow up to be… well… me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home