Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Ides of March

Today's my birthday.

I love Sara. I just don’t get her sometimes. I can’t tell if she really is a good friend but then she pulls off the unexpected. She was the only one that remembered and she sent me two messages. That was my highlight of my day.

It seemed as if my family had forgotten. It wasn’t until just before dinner, that my sister even mentioned anything. The gig was up, and I caught them signing my card in the kitchen. So, maybe they didn’t forget but other than that card, it seemed like a normal day.

The card was:

Things You Can Only Learn From Family:

  • Some things just will not flush.
  • Eventually, Mom looks under the couch. And under the mattress. Especially if somebody tells.
  • Milk isn’t the only thing you can laugh out your nose.
  • Burping can be considered a competitive sport.

*Turn the card.*

Family is the only thing stronger than a headlock. –Happy Birthday.

I wonder how true that last one is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home