Peering Out

I’m just a guy who is beginning the process of coming out fully to the world. These are my posts:

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Words can hurt

The Amazing Race started their new season tonight and I was pretty hyped about it. But the actions of my family put a damper on it. I almost left the living room to go watch it in my own room because I was so uncomfortable considering what I have been going through the past couple of days. There are at least three gay guys on this show. There is a gay son and a gay couple. Yes they are rather effeminate and my Dad just ragged on how they sounded. He said, in an unpleasant way, “No not those kind of boyfriends,” and, “Why do they have to sound that way.” Mom just laughed at their quirky behavior as if it was just too weird and pathetic. Kris probably hurt the most when she said in regards to the gay son, “Oh, now she (the mother) has the daughter she always wanted.” If I was going to tell anyone in my family, she would have been the first. She said that had nothing against gays and that was my little sliver of hope. Now I’m not sure I believe her. The whole thing just left me closed up. I’ve heard worse from them, but of all the times—it is really getting hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home